West End Adventure
This adventure is 6 hours in duration from pickup to drop off
Your Adventure begins with a pickup at your place of lodging and continues to one of many destinations along the way.
Enjoy a narrated drive to West End, our Island’s Capital. Grand Bahama Island is divided into 3 sections such as West Grand Bahama, Freeport Grand Bahama and East Grand Bahama.
During the drive, your tour guide will introduce Freeport, the only private city in the Bahamas, and point out landmarks of its development dating back to 1955.
Your drive continues through Freeport and sections of West Grand Bahama prior to your visit to West End. Eight Mile Rock, named after its rocky coast, is the first settlement along the way and the largest settlement in the Bahamas. Your guide will introduce this settlement and discuss its growth, stopping at several points of interest along the way.
Here you will find the oldest lighthouse, two Blue Holes, the first mail boat port, the first jailhouse and the oldest church on the Island. Learn how this former capital came into existence in 1812. Your guide will continue to Holmes Rock, founded in 1828, one of the most interesting stops. Visit a cave used by its settlers during storms and see their fresh water source as you walk through one of the six ecosystems found on island.
After a short guided hike, your ride continues to the capital of Grand Bahama called West End. Today it is a quaint fishing village, but its roots were deep into running rum to the United States during the American Prohibition. Here you will hear this interesting story, stopping at several local points of interest.
Lunch will be enjoyed at a favorite local restaurant featuring local cuisines. After lunch, your final destination is Paradise Cove, where you will have a chance to swim, lay on the beach or snorkel before the return trip to your place of lodging.
- $79 per person 12 years old and older
- $49 per person 11 years old and younger
Price does not include Lunch or Park fee. Lunch is $15-$25 per person and Park fee is $11 per person.
This tour is offered to both Hotel and Cruise Ship guests.
Tour Time Line
- Pickup: 8:30AM-9:30AM
- Drive time from Harbor to first stop 50 minutes, 60 minutes from hotel
- First stop 30 minutes (The Boiling Hole)
- Time for instructions and short snorkeling
- Drive Time to Second Stop 40 minutes
- Second Stop 120 minutes (Paradise Cove)
- Time allows for check-in and snorkeling
- Drive time to Third stop 40 minutes (West End)
- Third stop time 30 minutes
- Time allows for drive through and history
- Drive time to Ship from Third stop 50 minutes
- Drop off time 1:30PM-3:30PM